CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Thursday, July 21, 2011

*Positive Post-Its*

Mrs. Rojas at Create Teach Share still has her linky party about Post-Its going. I always write Post-Its notes to my students to remind them of their Accelerated Reader goals at the beginning of the quarter. Sometimes I use them to remind them of their reading goal when they're really close. I also write "Congratulations!" notes on Post-Its. I like to do this after school and leave them stuck to the desks for the students to find when they arrive the next morning. If there is a student behavior I'm working on reinforcing, I'll brag on that behavior to a student or two with a Post-It note (to be found on arrival in the morning as before), and it's amazing how word travels! More students exhibit that behavior in hopes of getting a Post-It on their desks! Positive reinforcement for the price of a sticky note! How's that? ;)

Melly <><

No comments:

Post a Comment