Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits is having a BACK to SCHOOL linky party! How do you know it's time for school?
10. I receive phone calls about school supply lists.
9. I receive more phone calls...parents ask if I can find out who their child's teacher will be for the coming year.
8. I spend too much money at Staple's and SchoolBox.
7. I check Staple's online for the one cent deals!
6. My family (hubby, son, parents) all ask when I'll be home or if I'm going to school.
5. I yearn for one more trip to the beach...
4. One entire week is spent setting up my classroom.
3. We get the "letter" from school with our pre-planning agenda.
2. I'm napping in the late afternoons because I got up early...trying to retrain my system for those early mornings!
1. My darling hubby helps get everything ready...painting, drilling, hanging, painting more, moving furniture, relaxing in my yellow rocker in front of the classroom T.V. while he waits for me to do "one last thing..." before we leave school after 6 hours there! There's always one more thing I need to do before coming home with more to do at the kitchen table! He even reminded me to get chocolate kisses when we were out and about the other day.
I have a note I send home on the first day of school:
"Thank you for a wonderful first day of school.
You deserve a kiss!"
We attach a chocolate kiss to it and give it out at the very end of the day. I always tell my students to be sure to take the note home so their parents can see that they had a good day! Of course, most of the children eat the kiss immediately! ;)
Christmas Write the Room - Plurals -- Freebie! - Need a way to work off some of that extra energy bouncing around in your room? Use this Write the Room activity to review regular and irregular plurals an...
3 hours ago