CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Monday, November 21, 2011

How to Disguise a Turkey

Technology Rocks. Seriously. has a writing form "How to Cook a Turkey" which I thought was super cute. I also thought some of my sweeties might be horrified at the thought of cooking a turkey. (One of my second graders a while back was horrified at the thought of her "chicken sandwich" coming from one of those cute, fuzzy chicks...so she stated that she'd just have to eat a hamburger. Of course, some other students had to enlighten her to the fact that hamburger came from cows. She decided that she'd be a vegetarian. It just doesn't seem as cute on paper...she was a little blue-eyed, blonde darling who would not hurt anyone!) Well, I decided to make my own writing form "How to Disguise a Turkey!"



I think I'll offer both Technology Rocks. Seriously.'s "How to Cook a Turkey" form and my "How to Disguise a Turkey" form next Thanksgiving to my sizzlers. Each child can choose one...or both! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment