CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Saturday, December 24, 2011

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I use whatever fits. My hubby says I should wrap everything so it's more fun (ripping paper), but I do it all so I tell him he's welcome to wrap! ;)
  2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I love the smell of a freshly cut pine tree, I'm just allergic... :(
  3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put up the tree the weekend before Thanksgiving, but for the past couple of years it's been the weekend after.  
  4. When do you take the tree down?  Last year, my hubby finally took down our trees in February, after Valentine's Day. I love to leave them up until February. This year, I'll take them down before January 1 to please darling hubby. :)
  5. Do you like eggnog? No! We raise chickens (just a rooster and five or so hens) and I just can't!
  6. Favorite gift received as a childMy first bicycle.
  7. Do you have a nativity scene? LOTS! I have a huge one that sits on my porch. I also have some of the Willow Tree set and continue to collect. I put a tiny nativity in each room of my house...usually by the sinks in the bathroom and on the windowsill in bedrooms. :)
  8. Hardest person to buy for? My daddy because he says he doesn't need anything! When asked what he wants, he'll say my two front teeth or a nickel's worth of five dollar bills (?!?). My son because he says he doesn't need anything, too. He is single, lives at home, and has his own money so he buys whatever he wants within his budget. I can't afford to buy him a Skyline from Japan (which he'd love).
  9. Easiest person to buy forMy hubby's mom. I just listen to her all year and when she says she "needs" to buy something, I watch to see if she gets it. If she doesn't, we get it for her for Christmas or her birthday. She said,"I can't say I need anything around that Melanie or she just buys it! I really just wait and get it for her for her birthday or for Christmas. ;)
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love to mail Christmas cards. :)
  11. Worst gift you ever received?  I don't know. I just forget about it if it's not a desired gift.
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? I love Christmas, so I think all Christmas stories which show love and share Jesus are marvelous!
  13. When do you start shopping for ChristmasDecember 26!
  14. Ever recycled a present Maybe...well, okay, yes! I receive some gifts that I know I'm never going to use them and if I think they'll please someone I love, I do recycle. I don't intend it to be mean or anything, just thinking of the person who I'm gifting. It's the thought that counts, right?
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?  Homemade chocolate fudge like my Granny made and my Mommy makes!
  16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?  Both 
  17. Favorite Christmas song?  Do You Hear What I Hear?
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. I hope one day my entire family will take a cruise together at Christmas, but I haven't been able to talk them into it yet. Plus, my hubby and son work for Publix and can't take off much around Christmas.
  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, want me to?
  20. Angel or star on top of the tree?  Both! I have two trees. The "white" one (with white lights) in the Music room has white lights, white and gold ornaments...with lots of musical instruments and gold crosses. It's my "Praise Jesus!" tree.
  21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morningMy hubby, son and I open gifts on Christmas Eve with my parents and extended family.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  People who are rude and disrespectful to others...always!
  23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  My favorite ornaments are those that point to Jesus as the reason for Christmas and all seasons!
  24. What do you want for Christmas? I want everyone to come to know Jesus Christ on a personal level. I have so many personal experiences I could tell...I love Him!
Merry Christmas! Blessings and peace to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment