CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awwww...I'm soooo excited!

Today really was a "Wonderful Wednesday!" Our princiPAL says have a "Wonderful Wednesday!" at the end of announcments most Wednesdays. First, my student teacher was there and taught a lesson for her instructor, whose  Grandmother was my babysitter when I was two and three years old....  Score! X2! 1~I get to clear out some of my clutter while observing my student teacher! 2~she does such an absolutely fabulous job that my students stay with this most of the day continuing the lesson (yes, we have some Math to catch up tomorrow...but it was well worth it!). Wanda said my student teacher is a natural! She truly is a natural! Maybe it's in her blood because her mom is also a teacher. ;)

We did the bubble gum fun activities found at the teacher wife and Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten with a little added to make them tough enough for second grade. We used the activity made by Lindsey, but ramped it up by using her form as a graphic organizer for our phrases and writing complete sentences to create a paragraph on regular paper. The students quickly wrote their "sloppy copies" and, using the Six Traits of Writing, revised and edited for a "published copy." These will be posted under our craftivity along with 2 bar graphs created by students to review bar graphing because my seconds need extra review of the key. They can use a key of 1 for one bar graph, but must use a different number for the key on the second graph. I have found that when they struggle with something they learn better when they are required to "create" something with that concept included. :D


So, busy day leads to chiropractor visit...I <3 Dr. Kathy! She keeps me "in line!" ;) Relaxing and chillin' to the radio on the way home...and surprise! I've been awarded not one, but two blog awards! Thanks to Mrs. Au @ 2nd Grade Rocks!




















 

1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.  Thanks, Mrs. Au!
2. Pass the award on to 5 other Lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you. (Yep, I've been following for quite a while!:)


Here are my five!

1. Cynthia @ 2nd Grade Pad
2. Jamie @ 2nd Grade Stuff
3. Britt @ A Day in the Life of a Classroom Teacher
4. Miss Kranz @ A Day in the Life of Miss Kranz
5. Anna @ a day in the life...




and here are my Top 10! Click here to get the button!

1. Cynthia @ 2nd Grade Pad
2. Jamie @ 2nd Grade Stuff
3. Britt @ A Day in the Life of a Classroom Teacher
4. Miss Kranz @ A Day in the Life of Miss Kranz
5. Anna @ a day in the life...
6. the Van Sickle ladies @ A Teacher at Heart
7. Ms. H. @ A Teacher's Journey in Second Grade
8. Linda @ A Teacher's Touch
9. Pat @ A Time to Share and Create
10. Mrs. Harris @ Adventures of Room 129 (love the music!)


Now I'm done for the night...going to relax in the bath and read! Doesn't that sound yummy? Especially with the hand candy given to me by one of my besties! WOW! What a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awards! :-)

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks so much for the blog awards :)

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I am loving your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete