CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

:) I Love Second Grade! (:

I have several sweeties who like to draw pictures for me when they should be working finish their work. Today I took a sick day to drive my dad to Emory for his annual aneurysm repair check. My mom hates the drive and is very nervous after an almost fatal car accident in October 2001. So...to keep her calm I brought cards my students had made for her, thanking her for crocheting tobbogans for them. She crocheted a tobbogan for each of my students (and my teamie's) this year as well as the two previous ones. I also had a few of these notes & drawings from my students for her to see and wanted to share them with you. I even sent a copy of the first one to my principal with this in the text:

This is the reason I do what I do...including staying late and spending evenings and weekends getting "stuff" ready! :D Please check out the attached photo and smile! I really needed this right about now, too! ;)

She replied that she loves second grade, too! ;)

Here's a smile for you today! I hope your children love whatever grade you teach. Isn't that why we do this anyway? :D


"Dear Mrs. stapler, do you mind if i help you tech (teach) when i grow up and i don't have school" Do ya think having a student teacher prompted this idea?


I think the top two pictures are the work of the same student. The third one is done by my "artist." Notice the angle of the top/skirt? Someone told me a loooonnnggg time ago that I have a "high butt" whatever that means...and I often have to pull my top down at the back because it gathers around my waist when I sit. How crazy is it that that comment was the first thing I thought of when I saw the skirt picture? :D

The cake is from my teamie's birthday back in December... :D We celebrated allllll month!!

†~Melly~†

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melly, I also love receiving notes and pictures from kids! I laughed at your 'high butt' comment' - so funny!

    I'm just letting you know that I received your comment about my Dollars and Cents game on TpT wishing that there was a US money version. I just did a US version up about a week ago! You can grab them here and here. I hope you and your kiddos enjoy playing them! (Sorry about posting the links on your blog, I couldn't find an email address to contact you personally).

    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach 2nd grade also and constantly have students draw me pictures. They draw so many, I have run out of room on my wall to hang them. They are so sweet. I try to put mine in a book each year so I can go back and look at the pics later on. I love to show the drawings to former students when they move on to the older grades. I also teach in Georgia! I am now a follower. Hope you will check out my blog and TpT store and be a follower!

    http://williams2ndgradepigpen.blogspot.com/

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teresa-Williams-8

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete