CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

School Bag Linky Party...

Babbling Abby at the Inspired Apple is having a school bag linky party! Check it out.

Here are pictures of my Swirls market bag filled with the goodies it contained when I received it. Yum!



I carry my Swirls market basket on occasion (gift from a student with prepaid monogramming so I could choose what to put on it), but I'm keeping it pretty so it's for special treats and occasions. I  took my Welcome to Second Grade bags to school in it at the beginning of school.

I also carry a small 31 organizer bag a friend gave me for my birthday. It was sort of funny how I got it. We had a "teacher appreciation" give-away. Every certified staff member's name was called to receive a treat except mine! My friend got the 31 organizer bag I had my eye on and caught me as we left the meeting. She mentioned that my name was not called (I didn't think anyone noticed) and I shushed her. She was curious about why and I told her that the only thing they gave away that I was interested in was the 31 bag she won, so it was not a problem. I was afraid that our secretary had dropped the tiny sliver of paper with my name and because I've known her since I was about 8, I'd never, ever hurt her feelings by complaining. Well...my friend handed me the bag and said Happy Birthday late! She assured me she didn't like it and didn't want it. It has the apple print on it. A lady at our school can monogram it for me, I just haven't taken the time to get that done. I'll take a photo later...


It contains 3 books I'm reading plus my Bible, a hairbrush, lipstick, mascara, phone charger, a pack of gum, my sunglasses, my favorite fine line Sharpies, a pair of scissors and some neon index cards for printing which I haven't gotten done yet. I'll share that here when I finish it. On occasion I stuff it with other items to be worked on at home or taken to school. :)

Happy linking...

3 comments:

  1. I love the swirls. I've been looking at these 31 bags and thinking about my favorite pattern and, so far, this one I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the swirls market bag! I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never, I suppose. lol

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat story. Very cute basket! I am late to Abby's party, here is my bag http://www.bunchofscrap.com/2011/10/what-is-in-my-teacher-bag-and-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete