CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Learning Genres?

One of my teamies sent us a genres "song" she and her class had made up based on our essential questions. It's like "Going on a Bear Hunt" and here's the chorus:
We are going on a journey,
We're going to read some good books,
To learn about genres,
And how they help us.

So I looked online at Really Good Stuff because I want that Genres poster for my class (it's out of stock right now) and got the genres off it. My students and I finished with:

We're going to read fiction
realistic and historical,
We'll read some mysteries
Fantasy and folk tales,
We'll add some science fiction
biographies and poetry.
Don't forget non-fiction
and autobiographies.

(Repeat chorus.)



I talked with one of my students tonight (I forgot the last stanza) and we agreed that we should finish with a repeat of the chorus. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment