CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Craaaazzzzzzzyyyy Day!

Wow! What a crazy day! We worked on Cause & Effect by reading Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia! and Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia! Thanks for sharing, Amy @ Step into 2nd Grade. Your post on Amelia Bedelia and the Baby was awesome! Did you share the cause and effect activities with the two stories above? I can't find where I found them... (sigh). It's been a  looonnnng day with Cause & Effect, PSA making, and Contraction Surgery! My children could NOT stop the talking today, but I know they were learning. They just chattered away about cause & effect, got even louder working on the story problems together, and couldn't even be STILL when they got their surgeon's masks on to perform Contraction Surgery.  We made the masks using paper and yarn (I forgot all about going to find some masks, so I improvised). I found some small bandaids in a teamie's room (she had a sub, but we often go in each other's closets) and also found some bandaid stickers that made for really cute contractions. I just hope I can find some more of those bandaid stickers! :) They worked rather well. I did get some pix...I'll paste some tomorrow...too tired tonight. Sweet dreams everyone. I'll update this post tomorrow with pix and more info... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment