CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Songs for Teaching

  So...I've blogged about our Genres Journey and how much my students love to sing and learn. Today, as I was "pinning" on Pinterest, I saw some songs teaching friendly letter, verb, adjective, and pronouns. WOW!! I've gotta get "K" involved again and write songs about nouns, adverbs, and some other stuff.

     For now, here are the copies I made for my students' Poetry Journals...click on the link underneath the picture if you want it. Please leave a comment if you download. :) Thanks!

                                          Adjective Song,

                                       Friendly Letter,

                                              Pronouns, and
                                      Verbs in Action.
   They love to read/sing the poems and what an easy way to get the information stuck in their heads! Music...ahhhhhh...it soothes the soul! It is also something they already know, so it's a marvelous anchor activity! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. way cute! thanks! I love doing poems and songs with my kiddos!

    ♥ Jen
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete