CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Praises...


Golly! Does anyone else feel as overwhelmed as we do? My teamie and I agree that we feel like hamsters on wheels! I think things are calming down now, but it has been a busy first two months. I am amazed at how long it has taken me to get acclimated to this year. Maybe part of the reason it has taken me so long is that two close teacher friends retired and gifted me with books, books, and more books! I think if I could be quiet I’d be a great librarian. I love books so much and I love sharing books with children people! Part of what keeps me teaching second grade is seeing the light bulb go off as the year progresses and my emerging readers have finally crawled out of that chrysalis and begun to fly! Is there anything that is more rewarding?

I have several projects going to add to my TpT store, but I haven’t finished and uploaded yet because I’ve been running. With PTSO monthly, Chick-fil-A Spirit nights, and the other added fun things we are doing I just haven’t been able to sit down and get my creative juices glowing and flowing for completion. (sigh) It will come, and I am excited at what God is doing for me right now. He is to be praised!!

Last Sunday evening as I was talking with my teamie, I had a brain fog and asked her what Georgia Rivers we teach in second grade. I know those and more, so I have to be careful not to add in some extra ones. I said, “I know! I’ll Google it!” When I googled Georgia Rivers taught in second grade, I was pleasantly surprised ecstatic to see that a link to my blog was the first!! GOOGLE knows who I am! (He! He!) Seriously, that excited me to no end that God is opening doors. I just gotta walk through them. Hallelujah!

So, what’s up in your corner of the world? I am asking Our Father to help me “bloom where I’m planted” and give me strength for the journey. I think it’s going to be a BIG one this time. I’ll be careful to give Him all the honor and glory. Remind me if I get overwhelmed again…my Daddy’s got this! ;)
<>< Melly

2 comments:

  1. Googling GA rivers is exactly how I found your blog recently! I teach in Hall County GA! Thank you for all of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for your comment. I appreciate hearing that. :D
      <>< Melly

      Delete