CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome!

...sharing strategies for teaching second graders...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving already?!?

WOW! I am amazed that we are only 4 weeks away from being at the half-way mark for this school year. I have posted soo little! It's been overwhelming, but I have my groove back now. :) With the new Common Core, a new situation, and some extremely busy students, I neglected my blog. I'm back now with loads to say and loads of fun!

Daily 5 is rocking the house! I have some super students...five are being tested for our QUEST program, and I think two or three more should be tested. Alas, their COGAT scores said otherwise. :'(

I just found Spelling Battleship which I think my students will seriously love in my WordWork station. I can't wait to try it out on them tomorrow. I made my own because the one I found was so simple and didn't have rules. My students are a little freaked when they don't have rules for the games...they make up their own and then argue to beat the band. I think I have too many chiefs, not enough braves. :D

I am sooo thankful to have an entire week off for Thanksgiving. How about you? Do you have the entire week off? I have major plans for my house next week as well as planning some cool lessons for the upcoming Christmas season! I can't wait to pull out all my Gingerbread man stuff. I think I'll make those Gingerbread head cookies I saw. They looked sooo cute! Maybe the children can decorate their own head. :D

Hallelujah! It's good to be back to me! ;)

†~Melly~†

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooooo know what you mean about being a crazy, busy year. WOW! Where has the time gone?

    Good to have you back!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete